Thursday, May 10, 2012

Just because

Now, again I haven't done a blog in a while, but I haven't really been wanting another "stocker" incident, but I've decided I can't let one person ruin what I feel like doing.


All my life I've done anything and everything to keep others happy, regardless of my feelings. This is how I was raised. It goes along with the Bible. "Treat Others How You Want To Be Treated."


What happens when that no longer works?


I'm now 24, so this is going back a few years. In high school, I was constantly made fun of, labeled as an outcast. As a matter of fact, this is extremely hard for me to talk about.


I never understood why people could be so hateful.


In '06, which was my senior year, I FINALLY was pushed to my breaking point. I never actually "snapped", but I quit being quiet. I started "speaking my mind" to those that messed with me.


It was wonderful getting these thoughts off my chest! It was a wonderful freedom that I hadn't felt before! I realized I was missing out when I was being the quiet kid.


Now, here we are 6 years later, and I feel as though in not allowed to speak my mind anymore. Again, I'm 24. Last time I checked, I am an adult. I thought a "right of passage" into adulthood was the allowance of making your own choices.


I understand that some people will never agree with our decisions of being an adult. No one will ever be considered perfect to everyone. That's a given.


The question still stumps me : What do you do when you abide by everything you were taught as a child and read in the Bible, and people still treat you as though you're a verbal punching bag and have zero feelings?


I KNOW I'm not the only one thats ever had this happen. What do you, the readers, do in these situations?


If your are anything at all like me, there's only so much ignoring and smiling you can do before you break.


I hate hiding feelings. I've never been a fan of that. I can still sit in front of a crowded room, bite my tongue, and pretend things don't phase me, but I AM human! I have feelings, and I break emotionally as much as the next person.


I don't understand why people are so petty, uncaring of other people's feelings, or even so heartless.


How can people be so unhappy that they must destroy the business of others?


I guess I'll never understand these things. Maybe it's another test from God. Maybe it's just something that's supposed to happen to make us stronger people.


All I know is I feel I have a right and a privilege to deal with these things the best that I know how. Given, the hot-headedness I displayed my senior year is NOT how I choose to deal with these things anymore. I have respect for others and know that it's an irresponsible way to deal with frustrations.


From now on, though, I'm going to do things the best I know how. Thats to make jokes out of the situations. Be sarcastic, but not acknowledge the certain people or specific details of the situations.


All I can say is, I'm sorry if you don't like how I handle it. I don't want to lose friends over it. That wouldn't ever be an intention of mine, but again, I think we've all done things that people disagree with. We all make mistakes, but the one thing we ALL have in common is the fact that we LEARN from our mistakes. They make us stronger. They show that we have the ability to overcome struggles. They make us HUMAN.


Well, I will leave this one at this point. Just remember, we're all human, and we all deal with our problems/mistakes in different ways.


Thanks for reading!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

2 comments:

  1. “if the world hates you, know that it has hated Me before it hated you."

    John 15:18

    Love you Kels!

    Jessica Laskowski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much I really needed that. You have no clue!

      Delete