Thursday, May 3, 2012

My lovely life

Haven't blogged in a while. Guess I haven't had the time and because I've been sick.


I had a doctor appointment today and found out what's wrong FINALLY! I still have EBV, which is the virus that causes mono. I've had it for about 2 months, maybe a lil longer. I never got the chance to rest for it to get out of my system. I also got told that my back/side pain is more than likely costochondritis, which is swelling of the cartilage that connects the ribs to the spine and the sternum.


I got a shot of vitamin b in my hip and told to take a vitamin b supplement. Apparently I should take prenatals because of the high vitamin b content. I guess at least I may have a chance to get pretty hair and nails!


I'm also pulled from work until Monday, which gives me 4 days to rest. I don't have anything planned today, but Friday and Saturday are a lil booked. It'll be ok, though. I plan on laying around the rest of the time.


Now, this its a major burden to me. I've only been at my job since January, so OBVIOUSLY I don't want to risk losing my job, but I also didn't want this to cause me to fall asleep at work. Kind of a catch-22 if you ask me.


I've been blessed that I even have this job. I got out of my last job at the end of December of 2011 and started this one January 2nd. A few weeks into it, I found out that my old job of 3 and a half years was closing its doors permanently. I got out just in time. I definitely believe that God was watching over me and my finances. I have also been having health issues that have caused me to miss work and end up in the hospital a few times. They've been very understanding with my situation. That I am extremely grateful for. I don't know what I would do if I worked somewhere like StarTek again. At this point, iff I didn't have fmla, I would have been fired from there. That's even after 3 and a half years. Needless to say, I'm not used to working with a company that's so caring and understanding.


I know a few weeks ago I had posted to fb that I wanted another job. In all honesty, my job rocks. it's easy and I work with some pretty cool people, even though I'm the youngest person there by a few years. Everyone is sooooo down to Earth. I also love that, unlike the Tek, I can tell people to not curse at me and I can get stern with them. Im also allowed to release the call at that point, or I can transfer to a supervisor that doesn't try and deny calls.


The only reason I was looking into a possible 2nd job is because I'm still part time. I get 30 hours a week instead of 40 plus I don't get commission like everyone else, yet I contribute to the amount of commission everyone receives. I wouldn't mind having another job that's like 15-20 hours a week. I would just need Saturdays off. If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to comment. I'm good with Decatur, Forsyth, or Mt. Zion.


The reason I'm needing some extra cash is because in about 16 months I'm getting married. My fiance and I are looking into getting a house before we get married. We really want to be able to celebrate our relationship in the right way. We want to take the right steps to get to that point in our relationship. Unfortunately everything takes money, and that's something that is a lil difficult to come by with all the bills adulthood brings about. Now, he has a better income than me, but with today's economy, it's difficult for 2 people to live off one income. Given I DO have an income, but it really just goes to bills. I also am getting paid bimonthly again. THAT is difficult.


I guess my lovely informative blog turned into a rant!


Another thing... I want to start a vlog. I realize I've gone over and over with that topic. I have a web cam on my mini, but I'm not sure how high of resolution the video wood be. I don't believe it has flash either, so my vlog wouldn't be high quality. I want ti be able to reach a lot of people with my topics, opinions, and rants, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be taken seriously. I would love to have a camcorder for the occasion, but as you previously read, I don't have exactly spare spending money.


My other thing is coming up with topics. I would probably start with like 1 vlog a week until I get the hang of everything. I also would need to practice my editing skills. Now, what topics would YOU, my wonderful future audience, like to see me cover? I've had a few ideas, but haven't been able to elaborate beyond the topic.


That's the "assignment" for everyone that reads this. Consider yourself part of my blog team! I need blog and vlog ideas! What things would you like to see/hear me cover?


Leave a comment here, say something on FB, send me a text, etc. Your opinions matter to me!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment: