Thursday, April 26, 2012

Secret To Happiness

I've recently found a way to help my fiance and I keep the "spark" alive since we work opposite schedules.


Letters.


Yep good ol fashioned notes! It's like being in high school all over again. We don't get as much opportunity to communicate, which is.a MAJOR role in a serious relationship.


What better way to update each other on daily things? I realize texting and social networking are more popular, but they aren't as meaningful.


I'll be honest. It's been very difficult with me on a day shift and him on 3rds. It has caused there to be some tension aaaand some arguments. Unfortunately those things happen due to lack of communication.


Don't get me wrong. I love the occasional cute texts and wall posts. They make me smile and remind me how lucky and loved I am, but something about a hand written note beats all of that.


It's cheesey, I know. It honestly does help. It's nowhere near as wonderful as speaking to your significant other in person, but it still puts a smile on your face to open your purse and find a note telling you about their day.


I love being able to put my feelings in writing and absolutely love doodling little pictures. I think it's fun and a good means of communication.


Other things to do to keep a relationship running in my opinion is to cook for one another. Nothing fancy, but tell me who has ever frowned coming home from work to a nice dinner? I guarantee nobody has ever been mad about that.


The obvious is going out on a date. Being taken out to even a fast food restaurant and going on a walk together can be just as romantic as going to a candlelit dinner and a movie or something to that sort.


Spending time together is important. If you have a situation as ours, then it can be difficult to spend enough time together. All I can recommend on that is to cherish the time you have together. Make time. Whenever you both have a day off, spend it together. Plain and simple. Even staying in, watching movies, and ordering a pizza makes a relationship better.


I know while reading this you're probably thinking "Well no duh!" You'd be surprised what little things people forget when they're comfortable in a relationship. I just wanted to share what my fiance and I do to keep our relationship going.


Now, there will always be arguments here and there. It helps keep a relationship strong. And females, we all know men bottle things up, so the little arguments do serve a purpose. Lets face it ladies, we all want our fellas to open up more. It may not be how WE want them to do it, but consider it something good.


Hopefully this little bit of incite helps, or at least gave you some entertainment!


Until next time.. Rant on my fellow bloggers!!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. Aaron's shift is crazy he goes from days to nights every week!! one of our fav things to do is go for a walk we hold hands and talk without distraction its nice :)

    ReplyDelete