Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lifetime

So.. I realize I'm one of the very few lucky people that had parents who stayed together throughout my whole life.


Their love and devotion for each other has proven to me that real love does exist. There are people that still take wedding vows very seriously.


Too many people today just rush into things. They get pregnant and instead of making sure they are compatible or going through counseling, they immediate have a shotgun wedding.


After the child is born and they no longer have "alone" time, or even time to get to know each other, they give up.


They fight and threaten divorce. I don't get it. Why would you put children through that, let alone yourself? Wouldn't you think that when you FIRST realized you weren't happy you would've done something about it? Instead, people put themselves through hell.


"It's for the children."


That statement is terrible and selfish. Do you not realize that no matter the age of the child, they stilll understand moods. They still understand that mom and dad aren't happy.


Why? Seriously. I don't understand. I see so many people put themselves through this. Even close friends. It's not worth it. Nowhere near worth it.


I guess what I'm saying is I'm extremely lucky to have the example that no matter what, things can always be talked/worked out.


A relationship IS a job. It takes more time and effort than ANYTHING you will ever encounter. For those that don't understand that, then don't play that you're ready for that commitment. Don't lead others on. Don't wait until you're married with children, fighting constantly, and now out of love.


Do yourself and your significant other a favor. Love each other. Obviously there was something that lead you together. Work things out. Don't do something you'll regret.


Wedding vows are sacred. They're for eternity. Once you say those 2 words, then it's forever. Marriage is sacred. Why doesn't anyone take this seriously anymore?


When I get married next year and say those vows, I'll mean them with all my heart and soul. When I get married, I want it to be for life. I hope others in my generation feel this way.


Sorry if this touches too close to home for some of you, but it needed to be said.


So, please, take your relationship seriously. It's not a game or a competition. It's a job and a blessing.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment